Winter themed CAS card

 


Hi there my dear readers, the weather is getting a little cold here isn't it?
Cold weather makes me want to sleep in all day, but morning walks are even more beautiful now !

Today I'm here to share with you one of my new CAS (Clean And Simple) card. 



I really had fun creating this card!



First I took a 4/6 card base, embossed a white panel using my new border embossing folder and popped it onto the card using foam tape. Using light blue paper, I die cut out two sizes of my snowflake flower and arranged it onto the panel, following which I added stones onto the flowers, since it looked a little plain. After taking a good look at the card I distressed the edges of the card using my blue ink pad. I used the sentiment " Warmest Wishes" on purpose. The card was winter themed, and in winter the thing you look for the most is warmth, therefore it was the perfect fit! Finally I punched out some tiny snowflakes, arranged them in the corners. To add finishing touches I tried to add some snowflakes in the wind by stamping the image but the ink is so light that it's barely visible unless seen upfront and close!


For the inside I layered the largest snowflake flower and put a stone on it. Then I decided to use the leftover gingham pattern paper, I cut it into a strip and layered it underneath my most used sentiment that I had stamped and cut into a banner. 


For the back of my card, I used the same strip of pattern paper and added a tiny printout of my logo!


One of my friends said that my envelopes are as well decorated as a card itself ! She was not wrong at all. Since these are CAS cards I cannot decorate them as much as I do with my usual cards (I keep adding things). So, instead I decorate my envelopes a little more to enjoy the process of making it a bit more! For this one I used the pattern paper to coordinate the decoration with the back of the card. I used my new circle star wreath die cut and popped on a flower. Finally I added in the sentiment " Just for you".

Special thanks to AAA Cards and STAMPlorations for these wonderful challenges! 

Hope you liked this winter theme card of mine. Thank you for all the love and support you all provide, it really means alot to me. Have a warm and happy day! Stay safe and take care.

Love, 
Foo💜









Post a Comment

10 Comments

  1. Fab design Foo. I love decorating the envelope too. I like to think I’ve put a smile on the Posties face, or a puzzled look cause he can’t see the address clearly🤪🤦🏽‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! I usually hand it over in person, haven't mailed them ever, if I do I'd probably put it in another envelope! Can't miss out on envelope decorating still!

      Delete
  2. Wow! I love your CAS card and that pretty envelope looks amazing. The colored diecuts and the dry embossed edge makes it look so festive.Thank you very much for joining us at AAA cards. Hugs ~Ishani.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the icy blues! Awesome card. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very pretty card foo, keep making amazing cards 💙

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. I love the matching envelope. Thank you for joining the AAA Cards Challenge.
    - Joy Dsouza

    ReplyDelete